Friday, August 28, 2009

Patter VS Footer

This is my favorite submission to date sent in by Greg Scalo "serious meat's" older brother nuff said
"In response to the 6 ft hero post from a few weeks ago I bring to you another party staple and a must, the meat platter. In some ways I prefer the meat platter over the footer. Nothing chaps my ass more than walking up to the footer and see it mangled. The tops of the bread are left behind, people peeling off the meat they dont like, and the lactose intolerant leaving behind the cheese. With the meat platter, the sandwich is at the discretion of the craftsman.

This meat platter was hand rolled by myself and my girlfriend at a party up in Johnson City, NY. Serious Meat was in attendance, but he was performing keg stands and challenging people to arm wrestling matches while this roast beef, turkey, ham, salami, provolone, and american cheese orgy was being constructed. In addition to the platter, there were various types of rolls, rye bread, and this amazing cheese bread from Wegmans.

As an added bonus, I included a picture of myself from my sandwich making days at Little Italy Deli in Monroe, NY in 2001. Renee Russo loved how sliced her cold cuts.

Big Ups to Bill Opper."

The Scalo family has a stronghold on the sandwich game


No comments: