Saturday, August 1, 2009

Swanky Frankys

Joe "Serious Meat" Scalo's older brother gres sent in some tasty dogs from Swanky Frankys. I cant stand Connecticut but these dogs look damn good!

"I love sandwiches and I love this blog. My name is Greg and I am Joe 'Serious Meat' Scalo's older brother. I know these aren't sandwiches, but it is meat between bread. These are two dogs from Swanky Franks in Norwalk, CT. They are deep fried and placed on a toasted bun, which is a must for any grilled/fried dog. On the left you have a chili dog with brown mustard and raw onion. It is a great chili with no beans, great spices, with a little bit of kick. The second is a dog with Swanky's hot mustard relish, with a little extra relish for good measure. The sweet relish is a nice compliment to the spicy mustard. In between bites I was pounding a nice order of chili fries. The only thing missing from this meal was a few of those hiccup beer. Bill Opper knows what I am talkin about. Although these dogs were great, I must say, nothing beats a Sabrett dirty water dog with red onion sauce and brown mustard.

This won't be my last post"

No comments: