Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Banana King

Banana King is an unreal Latin American style fast food chain in New Jersey that prides themselves on their shakes. Best shakes in the world according to the slogan. Banana king is primarily found in the hood its 3 locations are Patterson, Passaic, and North Bergan. They have a 6 option menu with an assortment of empanadas and other deep fried glory. I'm always a steak and cheese or a chicken cheesesteak kind of guy but on my last visit I decided to give the #1 a shot it's alway intrigued me but I didn't have the balls the stray from the sure thing. I'm sure most of you are familiar with this feeling. There is nothing worse then blowing your sandwich selection. I took a leap of faith that day and ordered the "Arepa" after all its the #1 there is no way the king was going to let me down. In the picture on the menu it looks like its on 2 pancakes of some sort rather than bread an I was pretty psyched on that. It turns out that the bread is made out of ground corn dough and fried on a griddle. This thing was AMAZING I also enjoyed 2 empanadas but they didn't survive for the photo shoot. If you are ever in northern NJ check out banana king. The North Bergan location is the least sketchy of the 3 in terms of the neighborhood it's in but you are almost guaranteed an entertaining visit at the Passaic and Patterson locations. Enjoy and stay hungry!

No comments: