Thursday, February 5, 2009

This town aint big enough for the two of us

Kevins brother sent in this dope pulled pork sandwich but we might have to have a taste off between him ans serious meat. Im not sayin.... but i'm sayin.

"Here's another sandwich my friend, this one has a bit of a bone to pick with Mr. Joe Scalo:

A few weeks ago I made my first homemade pulled pork specifically for tailgating at the Jets game. Roasted for over 8 hrs, topped with a Memphis style BBQ and finished with freshly made coleslaw all on a freshly baked roll. The stage was set for great addition to blog, that was untill the lighting at the game was terrible and I could not get a good pick of the tasty treat. So I dont send it in and two days latter on the blog I see Joe's Pull My Pork, and lets just say I was not happy....So I made this one to add a lil competition. Now we have pulled prok, fresh bbq sauce, homefried potatoes with onions and topped with baby spinach on a fresh roll."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTFU!

You were good until the spinach. If you were to bring that down south they would hand you your head. You don't but anything with the name "Baby" on a pulled pork sandwich.

Nice try Nubie. Come back when you've got something Serious.

Thank You,
SeriousMeat

Heitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forum7200 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forum7200 said...

You know what Joey, I would think you would be a little more open minded being part of this blog and trying new combinations of food. Instead your an evil bigot, Don't knock it till you try it, learn it- live it.

Also you need to watch yourself I aint no nubie in fact I am quite the seasoned Vet. Here are just some of my credentials:

1.2008 Memphis May BBQ Championships Attendee
2.2009 Memphis May BBQ Championships Attendee
3. 2008 South Beach Wine & Food Fest Attendee
4. 2009 South Beach Wine & Food Fest Attendee
5. 2008 Burger Bash in NYC
6. 2008 Burger Bash in Miami
7. Contributed 4 original sandwiches on here
8. 2008 Jets season ticket Tailgater

Anonymous said...

You threw down the gauntlet, I responded my man, I did what had to be done.

Looks like you have quite the resume. To that I say this, go to the 2010 Memphis in May BBQ Championships with your BABY Spinach Pulled Pork, and see if they don't laugh at you.

I am not close minded when it comes to a sandwich, but trying to class up one of the premier sandwiches in all the land with baby spinach is just unethical.

Now a nice loin of pork sliced thin, with some baby spinach roasted peppers, and some grated cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar on focaccia bread is where I would bring in the baby greens.

Thank You,
SeriousMeat